- Makes 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup – butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup – granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup – honey
- 1 large – egg
- 1 tsp. – vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups – quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup – whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. – salt
- 1 tsp. – ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. – baking soda
- 1 cup – raisins, chocolate or butterscotch chips
In medium bowl, beat butter with sugar until thoroughly blended. Blend in honey. Blend in egg and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
In separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; blend into honey mixture. Blend in raisins or chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
- High altitude adjustment: Increase oats to 2 cups and decrease whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup.